Sunday, January 25, 2015

Dealing with cystic acne as a black woman

I'm going through cystic acne on my face and want it to stop.

I've been asking friends about recommendations on how to keep clear skin and I have been googling advice.

A couple of tips have come up:
1. Eat leafy greens
2. Avoid DAIRY (and I've recently started the Greek Yogurt binge...)
3. Include Fiber in your diet through Chia Seeds, Flax Seeds, and grainy breads

I'm also going to keep in mind bacteria prone areas that my cheeks may be exposed to:
1. Cell phone
2. Pillowcases
3. Hair

I'm going to keep my hair out of my face, wipe my cellphone clean, and change my pillowcases weekly. I'm going to have to set reminders, but I realize how crucial it is.

I've never dealt with such acne and I want to combat it!

Additionally, I just bought Lactaid, so I am sure I need to return it. :(

Some new things I'll be doing for my skin regime:
1. Once a week: Indian Clay Mask
2. Exfoliate (even though I hate this process!)
3. Drink more water
4. Set alarms as reminders to do such things!



No comments:

Post a Comment