Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Teach Me Your Way O Lord and Lead Me in a Smooth Path

Back to reality. My confidence and self-assurance cannot come from my job, peers, or media.

It comes from God. I am asking the Lord today to teach me His way and to lead me to smooth pathways so that I may grow confident in His Word and Promises. I cannot be straw on the ground being lifted by ever single windy effort along my way. I must stand firm by His promises and not be moved by anything that conflicts with His Word.

Many times in this society, it is stressed that our confidence is by what we do for a living, how much money we make, and who we know. But how wrong are we to base our lives on such trivial things? Isn't our confidence supposed to be in the Word of God, who He says we ARE, and who He is?

No comments:

Post a Comment