Thursday, January 3, 2013

So simple

Beautiful day in VA

San Juan, PR

Palm trees in San Juan, PR
The older I get, the more I realize how stressed out I can get. I place all these unrealistic expectations on my shoulders to please people or myself. I wonder, if God in heaven is up there thinking, "Young girl, if you only knew how little this means right now..." yet, I stress over how people think of me or how they feel about me. I want to be loosed from such thoughts!

The place where I have the most tranquility is before God's feet, sandy white sand, clear blue waters, and huge puffy clouds in a beautiful sunny day...its been a while since I've experienced a beautiful beach.  But the Lord's feet...nothing more peaceful. It's funny how I talk about how peaceful it is to be before His feet, yet, I know once I get before Him, He'll shed light on the ugliness of my heart. Reading His Word is a huge mirror.

I guess I'm afraid of reading His Word and receiving a HUGE disappointment from Him. I know I've let many people down this past week but I'd rather ignore them until I'm ready to clean the wound and bandage it up. But I refuse to. I guess I'm hoping for it to heal immediately.

Only if relationships were so simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment