Sunday, January 6, 2013

All Things Work Together For My Good

God is good. I'm getting these revelations left and right. It's sometimes startling at times because my flesh wants to overcome the truth. For instance, this afternoon during my tour around Stanford, I came to the conclusion that I'm okay with how things turned out. Graduate school in California has been extremely difficult. Despite this fact, it doesn't matter how I got here. I'm here. It's interesting because I'm okay with how my relationships are with certain people. I'm comfortable with me. I'm content with being here alone and growing. 


I was so caught up in my own little world, assuming that I can be the boss of everything. I cannot control where I will be at. I cannot be the dictator of my own life. I thought I knew exactly what I wanted or that I knew what was good for me. Yet, Jesus said it so eloquently, "For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost" and I believe my whole belief system was lost. Even today, I came to a conclusion that my mind was really in a whirlwind and I just have to give it to God. To just submit and He will restore me completely.
On solid rock...ground...lol.
I also have to admit, that I need to spend more time with God. Facebook is such a time killer but I think I've replaced television, movies, and ridiculous internet surfing with Facebook surfing on my fast this month. I need to recommit and stick to it. Terrible...I know. I will get better though.

Lord...give me strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment