Well its Black Friday, but I didn't get a chance to relish in all the blessings that God has provided for me.
So here goes!
1. Being in California has been an absolute blessing. I prayed and asked God that if there were a time for me to come to this beautiful place then I'd be happy to be there at the correct appointed time. And here I am. I've been able to live in the Bay and now I'm in southern California...dream come true! I'm about to see Hollywood for the first time. Major blessings.
2. Graduate school was unexpected. I have to admit, there was a huge part of me that was reluctant in trying again and again and God opened a door. The department I'm in is amazing. The people are extremely supportive (in their own way) and they are as real as ever. I love the honesty and the ability to come as I am without being judged. Granted, the first couple of months were excruciating hell but it was worth it. God brought me through it. All the way through it and I have one more month before my first semester is done.
3. Healing has never been easy. I think I'm coming to a place where I can see ex-friends or exes that were held dear in my heart without cringing. Sometimes I dream of these people and I don't feel much of anything. I think time and a lot of praying helps me heal and that I am grateful.
4. My brothers are all preparing for school. I'm so glad my older brother is back in school, my young brother is looking into huge ivy league schools, and my sister is using her book smarts to open her own business...its a blessing! I see such growth in everyone!
5. My mom and sister and I are growing together. This past summer was extremely difficult but after a huge conversation that ensued the truth in all of us, I believe God is helping us be real with each other. It's hard but I think with everyone voicing out their concerns quickly, it makes life easier.
6. I'm grateful that despite how my relationship is with my father, I know I have a Father in Heaven. Its hard sometimes to talk to my earthly father but Jesus is so faithful. When I'm upset, salty, whatever, He's there...to listen. Thank you Jesus. =)
There are many other things I'm grateful for, like my boat trip, yacht party at work, and a bunch of hiking trips with my church folks...but all in all...2012 is a very memorable year. Love sustains. :)