Sunday, October 21, 2012

There's Got to be More to Life

Just finished a conversation with my awesome girlfriend, who encouraged me to see God's love and promises. I had been in such a terrible mood but did not realize that all the characteristics that I have exhibited were not negatives but mere positives that should not be ignored.

I am dedicated to my church family, despite the distant from my current location.
I am passionate about my education and because of this, display passion for God as well.
I am extremely loved and sought out for, because those I have not seen in young adult ministry have been asking for me, even though I was drawing away.
I am thought of because God has simply been obvious of His love for me - the beautiful sunsets with the backdrop of palm trees, small babies, puppies, and just great conversations with loved ones. God has given me what I have asked for: being in a graduate program to living in the city. He gave me my own room and a place where people feed me. I am thought of, even when I am angry...He still loves me.

It's insane how the enemy tries and sometimes succeeds in twisting some of the truths God has given us, but alas...God is faithful. Crazy faithful: He loves us with a passionate, jealous, and fervent love.

Matthew 8:26: "He replied, “You of little faith, why are you so afraid?” Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm."

Dear Father, I come to you tonight to pray for Your undying love and compassion. I pray that I will never be afraid as long as You are with me. I pray that the mustard seed of faith in You will be fruitful in my life. I pray that You rebuke all the lies and tribulations that the enemy has tried to throw at me. 

I pray for deliverance and that the Holy Ghost fire consumes my heart...that my ways will turn into Your ways. Lord, I pray that I see how crazy faithful You are and become more zealous for Your heart. I thank You merciful Father. I praise You Jesus. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment