Saturday, August 25, 2012

Words of Affirmation: Inner and Outer Beauty

Normally, I don't indulge in Oprah Winfrey's show because I don't have the time for it. But I decided to divulge in one of her "Life Classes" with T.D. Jakes as a guest speaker. I also decided to watch another video with guest speaker Cheryl Richardson.  Now this woman is something else.  She is all about words of affirmation which is amazing.  But for me, I like to align this with the Word of God. Then something came to my remembrance. My beautiful cousin Fran told my prayer group to write words of affirmation to help us in areas that we need to build. So I wrote one for Inner and Outer Beauty. Here goes:

Father, Your word says that, "Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. (Proverbs 31:30)" I know Daddy that I am altogether beautiful, and there is no flaw in me (Song of Sol. 4:7).

You have said,"Since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you...do not be afraid, for I am with you. (Isaiah 43:4,5)" For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mothers' womb (Psalm 139:13). I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.  Wonderful are you works; my soul knows it very well (Psalm 139:14).

Yet, I know that you do not look at my appearance or height of stature but you God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but you Daddy look at the heart (1 Samuel 16:7).

Unrelated: My cousin Daph got married last weekend and of course I caught the bouquet. It was so cute. Even though I caught the bouquet, I have a ton of stuff to do to become the prayerful wife God has created me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment