Friday, July 13, 2012

Remaining faithful in a relationship? What?


A friend of mine, Michael* recently told me about a "hook-up" he had with an old college friend of his.  Normally, I would be like, "Okay...why are you telling me this," but this time it was different.  This man is in a relationship with someone that he "loves" and does not want to harm.  However, I look at the situation as this: you clearly have immense feelings for your girlfriend but you are quick to "hook-up" with someone else? I started having questions in my mind such as, "Does she know you're a cheater?" "Do you have an agreement with your girlfriend on an open relationship?" "Why would you ever cheat on her?" "What is wrong with you?" among others.

Sigh.

But the real issue at hand is: he thinks that this is perfectly normal. *Ahem* Excuse me? Normal? Normality? Expected? Dude, are you serious?

Well, after he tells me about his quick "hook-up," he glares at me and says, "you're judging me!" Uhm...no. You're feeling guilty now because I won't "cosign" to your actions.  Why would I ever cosign to someone cheating on their significant other?

I felt tempted to Facebook the girl and let her know that she should keep her guard up.  Yet, I remembered, I will never get into someone's relationship. It's just a written rule in my heart.  I believe people automatically know the type of person they are dealing with.  This woman has to be well aware of what kind of boyfriend he is.  He has expressed to her the specific sexual background he has attained throughout his years in undergrad.  There is possibly no way for her to be that naive to believe that this man would automatically change because of a Facebook relationship status change. Please save me the dramatics.


In his arrogance the wicked man hunts down the weak, who are caught in the schemes he devises.  He boasts of the cravings of his heart; he blesses the greedy and reviles the Lord. Psalm 10:2-3

Men of this world do not have a concern for their loved ones really. I'm slowly but surely seeing this.  There is no guilt in their hearts.  There is no doubt in their minds that their carnal nature is evil.  They just believe that they should live out they're coveting and indulging ways.

In his pride the wicked does not seek him; in all his thoughts there is no room for God. Psalm 10:4


How can you love someone but be so selfish? How can you love someone but cheat and lie to them?  How can you love someone when you purposely hold information back?



No comments:

Post a Comment