Monday, July 9, 2012

Idols.

"To whom will you liken me and make me equal, and compare me, that we may be alike?"
Isaiah 46:5

As a young woman in my twenty's, it is very easy to mistaken the desire and drive to pursue the lavish things in life to idolatry.  Meditating on obtaining a doctorate degree, an expensive luxury car, white picket fence with the mansion, and of course the fine family is what many women want.  But when does all this become idolatry?  When does the obsession turn into something uglier? When does our Spirit turn into an unfamiliar one: the Jezebel spirit, want everything it can encompass?

People make it seem completely normal to go after these things with their whole hearts, however, doesn't God command us to love Him entirely? ("He answered,  "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind"; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself'." "You have answered correctly," Jesus replied.  "Do this and you will live." Luke 10:27-28).

Yet, at least for me, its been a struggle trying to weed out my own desires and place in my heart the one true desire I want: the Lord. I want His heart to be within mine.  I got rid of all the randoms, which took a lot of self-control, prayer, and BELIEVING that God has better for me.  I have made sure to plant myself firmly into a young adults group and fellowshipping with other people.  However, throughout the week at work, it is so easy to be misguided on such trivial topics. "When will I get married? What is my career going to be like in the next year or so? How much will I get paid?  Should I just settle (in every facet in life)?" I mean, seriously, it is SO easy to get misguided and not bringing it back to the one who created it all.

I get encouraged, seeing other brother's and sister's in Christ wanting to draw closer to God at work.  It makes me joyous because, I find the most peace just praying to Him instead of fighting with my computer.  #Sigh.

Lord, give me strength for another day. It is SO easy to get misguided but through your SON and your PROMISE, I believe you have the BEST in store for me.

I believe it.  I know it.

I know that first, we have to part the way of our nasty habits (a.k.a. sins) and repent:
"For Your name's sake, O Lord, pardon my iniquity, for it is great.  Who is the man who fears the Lord?  He will instruct him in the way he should choose." (Psalm 25:11-12)

Lord, first I have to repent and honestly fear you. Believe you.  Trust you. And then I know you'll open the doors where I need to go.

Even when I think it might hurt - it won't because I know you have the best for me.

Thank you Father. Abba. Jesus. In Jesus name. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your blog! I love the way you write and I'm inspired by your Hunger for MORE of God!!!
    Keep it UP<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. =D Thank you Kat! And sometimes I think people aren't reading. =) Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete